EFA is looking for a Program Intern to assist EFA’s Program Coordinator in organizing the Annual EcoFarm Conference. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle multiple projects at once and to meet high standards of accuracy and timeliness. EcoFarm is the oldest and largest agricultural event in the West, and this position will have a hand in many aspects of the conference planning. The ideal candidate will have superb computer skills in a Mac environment, but also very proficient in Microsoft Office. Database experience and IT knowledge a plus.
The position will be involved in organizing and helping to realize various projects for this year’s conference, including but not limited to: creating and entering information into databases, assisting with logistics on-site, and other special project support for the conference.
This is not a paid position. Hours are flexible, but preference will be given to someone who can commit to 10-18 hours per week, and who is able to adjust their hours according to the need to meet EFA deadlines.
Work with EFA staff to plan, promote and administer the EcoFarm Conference programs, including:
- Assisting in coordination of the EcoFarm Fellowship and Scholarship Programs
- Supporting the Program Coordinator in organizing speakers, workshops and events
- Working with the Communications Coordinator in editing documents for online and print media
- Helping EFA staff in management of all necessary details of the conference production schedule
- Self-starter with demonstrated follow-through
- Detail-oriented, especially with multiple streams of data
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to take direction from multiple staff members
- Produce high quality work in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
The ideal candidate will also:
- Attend the annual Hoes Down Harvest Festival on October 5-6 at Full Belly Farm in Guinda, CA.
- Attend and assist staff at the 34th annual EcoFarm Conference, from January 22-25, 2014 at the Asilomar Conference Grounds in Pacific Grove, CA.
- Have an interest in and commitment to EFA’s mission in ecological agriculture.
This position reports to the Program Coordinator and is supervised by the Executive Director. To apply for this position please send a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Ecological Farming Association nurtures healthy and just farms, food systems, communities and environment by bringing people together for education, alliance building and advocacy. To learn more visit our website at www.eco-farm.org
The Ecological Farming Association is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.